Friday, July 19, 2013

champagne & summertime knitting

5 by --erin kate
5, a photo by --erin kate on Flickr.

I recently finished (sort of - I'm still considering backgrounds & frames) this watercolor of a champagne bottle. The foil bits are real (!) gold leaf! It doesn't show up well on camera but in real life it shines.

& on the needles I have this super-lightweight top-down sweater. It's slow going in the summer weather, though.

p.s. I'm currently interning at an amazing organization : Women4Women Knitting4Peace ! I'm teaching knitting lessons and attending knitting groups, trouble shooting patterns, & a ton more.
Learn more at website !

7 comments:

  1. You are such a talented artist.
    The sweater is in a pretty color. It does look perfect for warm weather. Are you using a basic pattern?
    Your internship sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting looks fab! And that internship sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color on that sweater! Elegant and romantic! ^.^

    I love your drawings - makes me wish I was better at such things... I know I should practice more, but I seem to not get around to! :) Maybe I should dig out that sketch pad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold leaf looks amazing! Does it really come out of the pen or does it come in a roll?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so talented artist!!! I love the sweater

    www.thestelstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you ! ❀