Wednesday, August 7, 2013

wip wednesday : hammock !

1 by --erin kate
1, a photo by --erin kate on Flickr.

My big project for the summer . . . a hammock for my dad's birthday! I bought 2,000 feet of rope on amazon & started out with size 50 U.S. needles. The 50's were too small too so I moved to broomsticks. . . & eventually to pvc pipe with duct tape tips. (inspired by the "giganto blanket")

WIP videos:


I'm working on a possible pattern !


It's slow going because I can only do two or three rows at a time. . . my arms get sore !

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that sure is some huge knitting! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! and seems like quite the workout. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You make that look super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Size 50? Then you had top go up? LOL. What a cool project to work on. You make it look like easy DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! My husband always wanted to make a hammock- not sure why- ive got to show this to him. This has all sorts of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing! I'm so impressed, it looks like it's going to be an awesome hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how awesome that you are making it!! I've never seen anyone do that before.
    hope you've had a great weekend!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy f.ck, you're not kidding ! :D

    Love it, can't wait to see it finished !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! This is the greatest making I've seen in weeks. Can't wait to see it finished!! I bet he'll love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahaha, those needles are too much! And to think I'm struggling to crochet a beanie. This is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness. I can't believe you've knit a hammock!

    ReplyDelete

thank you ! ❀